2. I certify that my dog is in good health, is free from fleas, ticks, heartworms, and all other parasites, and has received all required vaccinations, including: canine distemper, parvo virus, hepatitis, parainfluenza, bordetella, and rabies. I agree that I am under a continuing obligation to report to K9 Connection any signs of illness or infection in my dog.
3. In the event that my dog requires emergency veterinary treatment while attending a Boot Camp program, I agree that K9 Connection, in its sole discretion, will transport my dog to an appropriate veterinary facility for treatment and will immediately attempt to contact me. I assume all financial responsibility for veterinary treatment.
4. K9 Connection strives to keep a clean and sanitary environment. I understand that even in cleanest environments, infections, diseases, and parasites may be transmitted between animals.
5. I understand and agree that if attending boot camp or day training, my dog may be placed in a kennel for periods of time during the day and/or night to allow for rest and downtime.
6. I understand that dogs are animals and even in the most controlled and well-supervised environments, they may engage in inappropriate animal behavior. This includes, but is not limited to, rough playing, nipping, aggression, and dog bites. I further understand that although K9 Connection staff closely monitors dog socialization and play to prevent injury, it is possible that my dog may receive minor nicks and scratches from other dogs. I agree that K9 Connection may use “corrections” to interrupt and/or stop my dog’s inappropriate behavior. Such corrections include, but are not limited to, the use of spray bottles of water and compressed air canisters.
7. I understand that my account must be paid in full prior to or at the first training session, and that there will be no refunds. K9 Connection reserves the right to change rates over time.
8. I understand that any remaining balance or unused training will expire one year after day of purchase.
9. I understand that in order to receive a refund for my deposit I must cancel two-weeks (fourteen days) prior to the start of my program. I understand that cancelations or rescheduling beyond the two-week period will result in my deposit to become non-refundable and non-transferable. Refunds will be credited back in the original form of payment. To cancel or reschedule an appointment please contact our office directly to speak with a representative.
10. I understand that if I must cancel or reschedule an appointment, I must provide 24 hours advance notice. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of that lesson.
11. I understand that I am responsible for reading any literature provided by K9 Connection or by the manufacturers of any products used in my dog’s training.
12. I agree that training collars will not be left on my dog overnight or while my dog is unattended.
13. Missed group classes cannot be made up without express consent from management. Group class membership weeks begin on Monday and end on Sunday. Group class membership fees are determined based on the average number of classes per month, taking into consideration closings for holidays, seminars, etc… K9 Connection reserves the right to remove anyone from group classes, for any reason.
14. I understand that although K9 Connection has successfully trained many aggressive dogs, there are no guarantees that aggression will completely recede with training. I agree that if my dog has displayed or continues to display aggression toward other dogs and/or people, it is my responsibility to muzzle my dog and to avoid potential problem situations at all times, not solely during training sessions.
15. I agree that in the event my dog engages in an act of aggression toward another dog or person while participating in dog training, K9 Connection staff may, in their sole discretion, use reasonable physical force to interrupt and stop the aggression. I further agree that I am solely responsible, financially or otherwise, for any harm or damage to other dogs, persons, and/or property arising out of my dog’s behavior.
16. I agree to allow K9 Connection to photograph and/or videotape my dog for use in print, publication, and promotion of K9 Connection.