1. I certify that my dog is in good health and has received all required vaccinations, including: canine distemper, parvo virus, hepatitis, parainfluenza, bordetella, and rabies; that my dog is free from fleas, ticks, heartworms, and all other parasites; and that if my dog is older than six months of age, he or she has been neutered or spayed. I agree that I am under a continuing obligation to report to K9 Connection any sign of illness or infection in my dog.
2. I agree that in the unlikely event that my dog requires emergency veterinary treatment while at dog day care or boarding, K9 Connection, in its sole discretion, will transport my dog to an appropriate veterinary facility for treatment and will immediately attempt to contact me. I assume all financial responsibility for veterinary treatment.
3. K9 Connection strives to keep a clean and sanitary environment. I understand that even in cleanest environments, infections, diseases, and parasites may be transmitted between animals.
4. I understand and agree that my dog may be placed in a kennel for periods of time during the day and/or night to allow for rest and downtime.
5. I certify that my dog has not injured or shown aggression or threatening behavior to any person, dog, or other animal.
6. I understand that dogs are animals and even in the most controlled and well-supervised environments, they may engage in inappropriate animal behavior. This includes, but is not limited to, rough playing, nipping, aggression, and dog bites. I further understand that although K9 Connection staff closely monitors dog socialization and play to prevent injury, it is possible that my dog may receive minor nicks and scratches from other dogs. I agree that K9 Connection may use “corrections” to interrupt and/or stop my dog’s inappropriate behavior. Such corrections include, but are not limited to, the use of spray bottles of water and compressed air canisters.
7. I agree that in the event that my dog engages in an act of aggression toward another dog or person, K9 Connection staff may use reasonable physical force to interrupt and stop the aggression. I further agree that I am solely responsible, financially or otherwise, for any harm or damage to other dogs, persons, and/or property arising out of my dog’s behavior.
8. I understand that payment in full is required at the time of pickup of my dog. If my dog is not picked up on time, I authorize K9 Connection to take whatever action it deems necessary, in its sole discretion, for the continuing care of my dog. I will pay K9 Connection the cost of any such continuing care.
9. I understand that any unused prepaid Dog Day Care packages will expire six months after day of purchase.
10. I agree to allow K9 Connection to photograph and/or videotape my dog for use in print, publication, and promotion of K9 Connection.
The risks include, but are not limited to, the risk of property damage, personal injury from dog bites, scratches, or other injuries, death, infectious disease, and parasites. I agree that my dog’s attendance and participation in K9 Connection dog day care and boarding is voluntary and was undertaken with my knowledge of the known risks and other risks that may result from my dog’s participation in dog day care and boarding.