How To Practice the “Come” Command With Remote Collar
- The command is simply “Come”, not “Come on”, “Come Here” or any other variation.
- Use your dog’s name if he isn’t paying attention or expecting a command.
- Command “Come” and praise your dog the moment he begins coming to you.
- Ask for a sit when he gets to you, do not pet or give any treats until he is sitting.
- Give the command only one time, then if the dog doesn’t respond press and hold the button until he begins to move toward you.
- Even if you had to correct your dog, still praise and reward him the moment he comes to you.
- If your dog seems at all confused or unsure, try squatting down to encourage him to come to you.