Puppy Fitness Seminar/Workshop
with Leah Senecal LVT, CCMT, CCRP
This seminar is meant for ANYONE with a puppy or who plans to get one in the future! Whether you plan on having a sporting dog or just a perfect family pup, this workshop is meant for you!
What you will learn:
· Puppy Fitness! You will learn exercises that are safe for your puppy as they grow. Exercises is so important to puppies to help with balance, proprioception, and confidence building! We will discuss why some exercises are okay and why others are not.
· Hip dysplasia in puppies. Can this be prevented?
· What are growth plates? When do they close?
· How old does my puppy need to be before we can start taking them on runs or long walks with me?
· How long training sessions should be. Do NOT burn out your puppy!
· When can I start training my sporting puppy?
· Every day activities that can cause major problems for your puppy while growing. What should you avoid? (Are hills, ramps, stairs, or jumping off furniture okay to do?)
· When can my puppy start swimming?
484 Niagara St, Buffalo, NY 14201
Sunday May 1st, 2022 at 10am
This Work Shop will last for about 2 hours.
There will be time for some questions afterwards.
Please make sure to bring:
1) Toys/tugs for your puppy
2) A LOT of high value treats
3) Water/dish if you would like
4) NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES. Please bring a regular 4-6 ft leash. If you would like to bring a long line as well that would be great.
5) You may bring a crate if you think you need it while waiting your turn with your puppy.
Meet Your Instructor: Leah Senecal
My name is Leah Senecal. I am a licensed veterinary technician (NYS), certified canine massage therapist, and certified canine rehabilitation practitioner. I have had a love for both animals and sports my entire life. Being able to combine the two has been a dream of mine and it is finally coming true! I started Canine Fitness Unleashed, LLC in August of 2021 in order to help educate pet owners on the importance of proper exercise, both mental and physical, in a nonjudgmental and fun way. Everyone has to start somewhere! I would be honored to help you and your pet in any way that I can.
I work as a veterinary technician at an animal hospital in Buffalo, NY full time. When I am not working, I love to spend time with my pets. I have 5 cats and 5 dogs and they are my world! I travel with all of them and the dogs are all in different activities. I have some experience in agility, dock diving, protection/obedience, and nose work.