Welcome to the K9 Connection K9 Enrichment Program
Our mission is to meet each dog’s social, mental and physical needs in an engaging, safe, healthy and appropriate way.
What does this mean for you and your dog?
As a training facility we are always looking at daycare through the lens of canine behavior, genetics and socialization. In our decade of observing dogs during all day free-play daycare, we realized that only a small percentage of dogs actually enjoys the 8 hour frenetic energy of free play daycare. And of that percentage, an even smaller grouping is appropriate for all day free-play. When we decreased our daily capacity and started to work with the dogs in smaller groups, we found that our dogs thrived on having a very structured day which is tailored to their individual needs and interests. With shorter free-play sessions in smaller groups, scheduled quiet/ rest time and one-on-one sessions of Enrichment, we are helping to create a more balanced and appropriately tired dog.
The benefits to our K9 Enrichment program include:
- Individualized plan for your dog based on their physical, mental and social needs (taking into account breed characteristics, energy level and individual interests)
- Small social groups (2-5 dogs)- hand selected based on who your dog plays best with (allowing for higher energy to play out in a safer way) Please note that not all dogs will qualify for off leash free- play, but may be eligible for pack walks which satisfy the social need
- Higher quality rest which dogs need to be emotionally healthy. Frequent rest times help teach your dogs to settle. While we do our best to find the right resting space for your dog (kennel, crate, x-pen), some dogs do not do well while confined and may have trouble acclimating to the Enrichment schedule
- Higher quality of play, despite shorter periods of play time
- Rotation among several activities and play groups provides variety daily, weekly, monthly
- Mental stimulation builds your dog’s confidence as well as his self-control
What types of activities will your dog participate in?
K9 Connection Dog Daycare is open from 7:00am – 6:00pm
Monday through Friday.
Drop-off is between 7:00am – 9:00am,
Pick-up is between 4:00pm – 6:00pm,
For drop off/pick-up outside of these hours, please call or email in advance.
We schedule dates in advance and fill up fast! (Current wait time can be up to 1-2 months.) Please be patient if you are looking to have your dog be a regular at our day care. We are currently booking several months ahead.
K9 Enrichment Pricing
Full Day $40.00 (5 Hours or more)
Half Day $32.00 (5 Hours or less)
10 Day Pass $360.00 ($30.00 savings)
10 Half Day Pass $288.00 ($20.00 savings)
10 Pass Packages will expire after six months
- Current rabies vaccination (1 year or 3 year, as determined by vet)
- Current Distemper/Parvo vaccination or Titers
- Current (within one year) Bordetella (Kennel Cough) vaccination
- Dogs over 6 months old must be spayed or neutered
- Must be receiving flea and tick treatment
Get The Ball Rolling**
**At this time, we are not accepting any new applicants for our enrichment program due to a limited availability.